Calibrate Engineering Recruitment (Part of the Brewster Pratap Recruitment Group) are working with a Scunthorpe based land and home-building business as they look to recruit an experienced Land Manager.
Reporting to the Regional Director, the purpose of this role is to be responsible for the acquisition of land in a region and to secure new sites for development to a meet or exceed regional forecast performance. To see acquisitions through the legal process and attain satisfactory planning approvals on acquired sites.
The duties of this role will include:
* To research and attend seminars, conferences and events to keep fully informed of the current and key issues affecting land acquisitions and its principle.
* Agree HOTs and purchase land to ensure continuity of land supply to at least meet future forecasts
* Provide detailed land bids, that demonstrate the company's requirement in respect of profitability that is met
* Demonstrate that site acquisition terms concur with agreed and authorised land bids
* Negotiate and prepare the legal documentation associated with land acquisitions
* Draw to the attention of the Group Land Director any issues which may affect existing or future obligations
* Liaise with legal representatives and advise on the legal status of developments
* Brief design teams, external consultants and internal departments to ensure the successful delivery of planning on sites:- -Ensuring planning is delivered within time, budget and within any other obligations, if applicable -Negotiate on behalf of the company and in conjunction with the Group Land Director, planning agreements that meet the company's requirements in respect of forecast profit
The ideal person will have the following skills and experience:
* Educated to degree level in a related discipline
* Community involvement/public exhibitions
* Commercially astute
* Good communication and negotiation skills
* Team player
* Up to date knowledge of land acquisition legislation
This is an excellent role working for a leading company who can offer a very competitive remuneration package for the right person.
Calibrate Engineering Recruitment is a division of the Brewster Pratap Recruitment Group focusing on the recruitment of talent in engineering, technical and operations jobs in South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, East Yorkshire, North Yorkshire, Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire. If you are interested in discussing this job in more detail or any other aspect of accountancy and finance recruitment we would really like to hear from you. Please visit our website at (url removed) for more information on engineering Jobs, engineering recruitment, manufacturing Jobs or manufacturing Recruitment