Firm 'highly likely' to appeal decision to refuse 12 months extended stay at oil well site

By Scunthorpe Telegraph | Posted: 13 Jul 2017

The firm which had planning permission for drilling for oil in North Lincolnshire rejected has said it is "highly likely" that they will appeal a second application.

Egdon Resources had both of their applications to explore for hydrocarbons at a well in Wressle last week rejected by planners.

Now, the firm has said that it is "highly likely" that they will lodge an appeal against a decision to prevent them from retaining the well for a further 12 months.

A spokesperson for the company said: "We have yet to receive the decision notice in respect of the second application from the local authority.

"Once we have had an opportunity to review the decision notice it is highly likely that we will appeal this decision.

"We have had no contact from the council in relation to this matter since the planning committee meeting."

Councillors at North Lincolnshire Council's planning committee last week argued that the firm had been at the site for three-years and has had sufficient time to explore the well.

The company had planning consent for ground monitoring at the site approved back in 2013.

Following experimental drilling starting in April 2014, the consent expired in April of this year.

Egdon is currently awaiting for an appeal to be heard on an application which they had rejected last January.

Planners rejected the firm's first application on the grounds of insufficient information before refusing permission again last Monday (July 3) on a resubmitted proposal.



Follow us on Facebook and Twitter

Manufacturing News
Share Article

Grimsby News

Dong Energy's new MD wants the Humber to lead on next stage of green dream

Hull & East Riding News

How the Humber economy is shaping up in 2017

Scunthorpe News

How the Humber's message is now up as visitors touch down

Your News

Would you want your employees working from home? Read more in our Your News special report