Mayor to stand as Independent as full list of General Election 2017 candidates is revealed
Full list of candidates for the General Election 2017.
By Grimsby Telegraph | Posted: 12 May 2017
The Mayor of North East Lincolnshire is standing in the General Election in the Great Grimsby constituency.
But Christina McGilligan-Fell is not standing as a Liberal Democrat, which was her political colour when elected on North East Lincolnshire Council.
She is standing as a Independent.
Steve Beasant, the Liberal Democrat candidate for Great Grimsby, confirmed that Mrs McGilligan-Fell, who hands over her mayoral chain of office to Ron Shepherd next week, was a "lapsed member" of the Liberal Democrats.
The deadline has passed for candidates standing in the General Election.
Here is the full list of who is standing in each ward:
- Steve Beasant - Liberal Democrat
- Jo Gideon - Conservative Party
- Mike Hookem - Ukip
- Christina McGilligan-Fell - Independent
- Melanie Onn - Labour Party
The election in 2015 saw Melanie Onn take the seat with a majority of 4,540 from a turnout of 57.7 per cent of the electorate. It increased Labour's majority for the seat from 714 at the 2010 General Election.
- Tony Blake - Ukip
- Loyd Emmerson - The Green Party
- Roy Horobin - Liberal Democrat
- Peter Keith - Labour Party
- Martin Vickers - Conservative Party
The election in 2015 saw Martin Vickers take the seat with an increased majority of 7,893 from a turnout of 63.9 per cent of the electorate.
Louth & Horncastle
- The Iconic Arty-Pole - Official Monster Raving Loony Party
- Victoria Atkins - Conservative Party
- Lisa Gabriel - Liberal Democrats
- Jonathan Noble - Ukip
- Julie Speed - Labour
The election in 2015 saw Victoria Atkins take the seat with a majority of 14,977 from a turnout of 67.8 per cent of the electorate. It increased Conservative's majority for the seat from 13,871 at the 2010 General Election.
Brigg & Goole
- David Jeffreys - Ukip
- Jerry Lonsdale - Liberal Democrats
- Andrew Percy - Conservative and Unionist Party
- Isabel Pires - Green Party
- Terence Smith - Labour Party
The election in 2015 saw Andrew Percy retain the seat with an increased majority of 11,176 from a turnout of 63.2 per cent of the electorate.
- Sir Edward Leigh - Conservative
- Vicky Pearson - Green Party
- Lesley Rolling - Liberal Democrats
- Catherine Tite - Labour Party
The election in 2015 saw Sir Edward retain the seat with an increased majority of 15,449 from a turnout of 67.3 per cent of the electorate.
Polling stations will be open on Thursday, June 8, 2017, between the hours of 7am and 10pm.