One of Scunthorpe's oldest fish and chip shops goes up for sale
Palace Fisheries is up for sale
By Scunthorpe Telegraph | Posted: 19 Apr 2017
THE freehold of Scunthorpe's third oldest fish and chip shop Palace Fisheries in Cole Street has been put up for sale for £117,500.
Named after the nearby former Palace Theatre, the business was opened in 1943 by Bill and Gladys Potts.
In those days a sit down meal cost less than two pence and visiting stars at the Palace including Old Mother Riley (Arthur Lucan) and Frank Randall dined there.
In 1986 the shop was sold to Graham Dubnyckyj who is now planning to retire.
Wilsons in Frodingham Road and Carvers in Ashby High Street have traded longer than Palace Fisheries.
ABP plans for vehicle storage facility for 15k cars at former Tioxide site approved by council