Over 50s invited to apply to live in new £1m housing development

By Scunthorpe Telegraph | Posted: 28 Feb 2016

THIRTEEN new homes costing more than £1 million have been built in a North Lincolnshire town.

The new two-bedroom bungalows have been constructed by Ongo Homes in Broughton especially for the over-50s.

Four bungalows have been built on Lilywood Road, two on Wyatt Avenue and seven on Ermine Street.

The developments follow the demolition of the former Ongo Homes sheltered housing complex on Ermine Grove.

Ermine Grove was once a complex of 28 flats, but was earmarked for demolition after being left unused.

After seeking planning permission from North Lincolnshire Council in 2014, Ongo Homes had hoped to have the bungalows ready for tenants last year.

They have taken a year to be built and have been developed in partnership with local developer TG Sowerby.

However, bids are now being taken for the bungalows will be available to rent from Thursday, March 31.

A spokeswoman from Ongo Homes said that a lot of effort had gone into making sure the community was happy with the new builds.

She said: "We've not had any complaints. When we have a building proposal we invite residents to a consultation and let them have a look at the plans – so we've involved residents from the beginning.

"I think that we'll get a lot of interest and when we have a new build, there is generally a high demand."

Martin Phillips, development manager at Ongo Homes, said he was pleased with the new homes.

He said: "These brand new, modern homes have been built to a high specification, really making the best use of space at the site of our old sheltered scheme in Broughton.

"We took care during the construction phase to treat adjoining residents with respect and make sure there was as little disruption as possible.

"We also wanted to protect the environment where possible, and made sure roosting bats and birds were protected during the building phase."

Ongo Homes received £325,000 from the Homes and Communities Agency towards the £1 million cost of the development.

Construction News

Source article: http://www.scunthorpetelegraph.co.uk/

Share Article

Grimsby News

Eight new directors join Humber LEP board

Hull & East Riding News

New website to help firms challenge business rates is a 'nightmare'

Scunthorpe News

Shortlist revealed for 2017 Northern Lincolnshire Business Awards

Your News

Would you want your employees working from home? Read more in our Your News special report